Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawdling Dongle Dawdling Dongle is offline

Default the modificaiton is now allowed because the selection is locked

The MS Word 2003 document in question is shared among several users
over an internal network.

I working with another user in a different office and both of us are
using comments alot on the work that is done on this document.
Initially, we worked on RTFs because that is the format of the
documents we receive. However, the comments were being assigned
bizarre dates so it was difficult to know the sequence of when they
were made (and the rtfs would unexpectedly crash, with resultant loss
of work).

This was reported to our contractors and my pupil was told that rtfs
are pretty unstable, particularly in a Metaframe 2003 environment. So
now we save the rtfs as word docs before we start work on them.

I am having trouble with inserting comments in that sometimes I start
typing and nothing appears and sometimes it is difficult to get back
into a comment to continue or edit it.

On one occasion I couldn't get my cursor back into the comment and
when I clicked on the comment in the reviewing pane the existing
typing would disappear but if I scrolled the reviewing pane the typing
reappeared.

If I clicked in the comment the cursor would not appear there and the
existing typing disappeared again.

Right clicking on the comment marker did not bring up an option of
'edit comment'. Eventually I got back into the comment but as I typed
new info at the beginning of the existing typing, the new typing was
also repeated at the end of the existing typing.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Sorry to be so long winded.

many thanks
DD