Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lena

Default How do I refer to the chapter of a bookmark?

I want to add booksmarks in the text of a Word document and I then want to
refer to the chapter in which they are inserted. I can't find out how to do
this, instead I currently refer to the page where the bookmarks are defined.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TGVuYQ==?=,

I want to add booksmarks in the text of a Word document and I then want to
refer to the chapter in which they are inserted. I can't find out how to do
this, instead I currently refer to the page where the bookmarks are defined.

Have you used Heading styles to format the information you want to reference?
And are all these chapters in a single document, or are they spread across
multiple files? In which version of Word?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org