TheGMan TheGMan is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Problem making A5 size(ish) booklet....

I'm not sure whether this would come under page layout or general discussion. I've created a booklet in Microsoft Word 2000 to fit inside a DVD case (24cm down by 18cm across). It has four pages. I'm wanting to print off the booklet on A4 (double sided) so that page 1 and 4 are on one side and pages 2 and 3 are on the other. I can then trim off the excess, fold it in half and hey presto. Everything looks fine when I do print preview but when I actually print it I run into a problem:

The booklet prints in the bottom left hand corner of the A4 paper. So, when I turn the page over to print the other pages they are out by about 8cm. I've tried to 'centre' the printout in print properties but that just doesn't seem to do anything. Am I missing something here?

Do I have to cut the paper to size before I print the booklet?

I'm using a Epsom Stylus Photo 830 to print on btw.

Thanks.

Last edited by TheGMan : January 2nd 11 at 11:25 AM