worduser

Default Word 2003 document versions disappear in Word 2000

We are using the "Versions" feature as a simple document management tool for
several thousand procedures; it has worked very well for tracking revision
history with users on the Word 2000 platform.

Alas, several users have now switched to Word 2003. When they use the
"Versions" feature as before, they have no problem, and can add versions or
bring up previous saved versions of a given document. HOWEVER, the Word 2000
users who open the same document (saved in Word 2003) don't see any version
history at all.

HELP!! Configuration setting? Word bug? Fixes? Suggestions? Any insight
would be appreciated.