Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yasser Shahzad Qureshi

Default HOw to decrypt a word doc

I have a word file, when I open that file there are symbols written, I guess
the txt is encrypted or what... But I want to view the text, so kindly tell
me how can I view the txt.....I tried to select all the text and change the
font but nothing happened, then I tried to save the file using Save As
option, in different formats, but nothing happened even... So if there is
any way to view the file's contents, plese tell me ......
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Check what's showing in the 'Files of type' drop down on the File Open
dialog. What you're seeing is what you get if you open a file using the
wrong format. If all else fails, try the 'Recover text from any document'
option.

"Yasser Shahzad Qureshi" Yasser Shahzad
wrote in message ...
I have a word file, when I open that file there are symbols written, I
guess
the txt is encrypted or what... But I want to view the text, so kindly
tell
me how can I view the txt.....I tried to select all the text and change
the
font but nothing happened, then I tried to save the file using Save As
option, in different formats, but nothing happened even... So if there is
any way to view the file's contents, plese tell me ......

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yasser Shahzad Qureshi

"Jezebel" wrote:

Check what's showing in the 'Files of type' drop down on the File Open
dialog. What you're seeing is what you get if you open a file using the
wrong format. If all else fails, try the 'Recover text from any document'
option.

Sorry man I couldn't get ur point what you want me to do, I point to File
menu Open menu Than what ????

and what did you ment by " If all else fails, try the 'Recover text from any
document ", how can I recover text from any document. . .

If you allow me I can send you the file I have you can have a look at it and
sort out any way to properly view the file. Are you ok with that ??

wrote in message ...
I have a word file, when I open that file there are symbols written, I
guess
the txt is encrypted or what... But I want to view the text, so kindly
tell
me how can I view the txt.....I tried to select all the text and change
the
font but nothing happened, then I tried to save the file using Save As
option, in different formats, but nothing happened even... So if there is
any way to view the file's contents, plese tell me ......

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Display the File Open dialog. Below the Filename box is a dropdown with
the caption "Files of Type". Try opening your file with different options in
that dropdown, including, as a last resort, "Recover text from any file."

wrote in message
I have a word file, when I open that file there are symbols written, I
guess
the txt is encrypted or what... But I want to view the text, so kindly
tell
me how can I view the txt.....I tried to select all the text and change
the
font but nothing happened, then I tried to save the file using Save As
option, in different formats, but nothing happened even... So if there
is
any way to view the file's contents, plese tell me ......

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yasser Shahzad Qureshi

Well what you are saying is to head to the File menu then click on Open Tab,
after that a small window opensup, allowing me to choose the file I want to
open.
I can select the type of the document which I want to open on word, right?
Now when if I select any option there, Rich Text Format, Web Pages, etc etc.
I will be only able to open that kind of document,

But the file I have is in a .doc format. I saw the properties of the file
and it was written that the file was a .doc file.and thats for sure.

So I guess doing that dosen't solves my problem, I am Damn sure about the
file that its a doc file, or in other sence you can say that there is some
text written in the file, but it is encrypted,not by password, but by
symbols. I can only see different sortta symbols like ^$-_ etc. . . I already
told you that I have tried to save the file in different formats, using Save
As option, in the File Menu. So that may be it could solve my problem, as if
I open the newly saved file, and get the text before me, but all was in vain.

So now I guess you may tell me some other way to view the file, I shall be
VERY VERY GREATFUL to you, coz its really imp.

wrote in message
I have a word file, when I open that file there are symbols written, I
guess
the txt is encrypted or what... But I want to view the text, so kindly
tell
me how can I view the txt.....I tried to select all the text and change
the
font but nothing happened, then I tried to save the file using Save As
option, in different formats, but nothing happened even... So if there
is
any way to view the file's contents, plese tell me ......

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you try using the "Recover Text from Any File" setting? If that did not
work then the file is corrupted.

wrote in message
I have a word file, when I open that file there are symbols

written, I
guess
the txt is encrypted or what... But I want to view the text, so

kindly
tell
me how can I view the txt.....I tried to select all the text and

change
the
font but nothing happened, then I tried to save the file using Save

As
option, in different formats, but nothing happened even... So if

there
is
any way to view the file's contents, plese tell me ......

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Suzanne

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Did you try using the "Recover Text from Any File" setting? If that did not
work then the file is corrupted.

I never deal with such files, but could it be a left-to-right issue,
some asian/arabic fonts used which are not present on the 2nd system?

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yasser Shahzad Qureshi

Dear Mr. Suzanne!

I tried The recover text option, the text written before using the option
was some what as follows:

" A.P. MOLLER

Ÿ ¤  ˜  œ  Ÿ ¦ Ž I
Ž  £ ¥ Ÿ ¦ Ž  ¤ ¦  ¤  œ ¢ ¢ Ž ¥ ƒ  § ¤ ¡ ó
œ ¦ œ ¦   £ ¥ š ¦ ¦ ƒ ž ¤ ¡ ó
¤ ¦ Ÿ  £ ž œ ¥ ž œ ¤  ˜  œ   Ÿ  ¦ ¥
¤ ¦ Ÿ * ž š Ÿ œ ¤  ³  Ÿ  £ ¢ ¡ œ ¥ ¤ ¢ 
œ  Ž ¤ ¦  ¤ ž Ÿ ¤ ¡ œ §  ¤   ¤  ¦ ¥ é

¦  §   ¢ ¥ Ÿ ˜ ž ¦ ¥  Ž œ  Ÿ ˜ ž
¦ ¥ é
 ³ œ §  œ Ž Ÿ   ž ¤
1 2 3 4 5
¤ ¢  Ž ¦ ¥ * ¥  £ ¤ ¡  œ ¥ œ  ž
Ÿ Ÿ ¤ ¡ 3 Ÿ Ž ž œ § œ Ž œ §  ¤   ¤  ¦ ¥ ó

3
Ž  £ ¥ Ÿ ¦ Ž  ¤  ž ž ¥ œ    ž  ˜ § Ž
¤ ¡ é
4 8 16 32 ?
¤ ¢  64 ¦ ¥ ¥  £ ¤ ¡  œ ¥ œ  ž Ÿ Ÿ
¤ ¡ ˜ 64 ž œ § œ Ž œ §  ¤   ¤  ¦ ¥ ó "

These are the few starting Paragraphs of the text and after trying the
recover text Option, The text changed to :

" A.P. MOLLER

A.P. MOLLER

1 2 3 4 5
1 2 3 4 5
4 8 16 32 ?
4 8 16 32 ?

1 2 3 4 5

4

1 2 3 4 5

5
}Ą¤
1 2 3 4 5

6
¤
1 2 3 4 5

6

1 2 3 4 5

7
1 2 3 4 5

8

1 2 3

10
1 2 3 4 5 "

So I guess the problem still persists, because the file is about a test
pattern, its a sample test actually.... MCQs etc...

I am sure the file isn't curropted, so please tell me if there is any other
way to recover the text I shall be very greatful to you.

wrote in message
I have a word file, when I open that file there are symbols

written, I
guess
the txt is encrypted or what... But I want to view the text, so

kindly
tell
me how can I view the txt.....I tried to select all the text and

change
the
font but nothing happened, then I tried to save the file using Save

As
option, in different formats, but nothing happened even... So if

there
is
any way to view the file's contents, plese tell me ......

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If that's the best you can get, get the file *is* corrupted (or is not a
Word document at all).

"Yasser Shahzad Qureshi"
wrote in message ...
Dear Mr. Suzanne!

I tried The recover text option, the text written before using the option
was some what as follows:

" A.P. MOLLER

Ÿ ¤  ˜  œ  Ÿ ¦ Ž I
Ž  £ ¥ Ÿ ¦ Ž  ¤ ¦  ¤  œ ¢ ¢ Ž ¥ ƒ  § ¤ ¡ ó
œ ¦ œ ¦   £ ¥ š ¦ ¦ ƒ ž ¤ ¡ ó
¤ ¦ Ÿ  £ ž œ ¥ ž œ ¤  ˜  œ   Ÿ  ¦

¥
¤ ¦ Ÿ * ž š Ÿ œ ¤  ³  Ÿ  £ ¢ ¡ œ ¥ ¤ ¢


œ  Ž ¤ ¦  ¤ ž Ÿ ¤ ¡ œ §  ¤   ¤  ¦ ¥ é

¦  §   ¢ ¥ Ÿ ˜ ž ¦ ¥  Ž œ  Ÿ ˜

¦ ¥ é
 ³ œ §  œ Ž Ÿ   ž ¤
1 2 3 4 5
¤ ¢  Ž ¦ ¥ * ¥  £ ¤ ¡  œ ¥ œ 

Ÿ Ÿ ¤ ¡ 3 Ÿ Ž ž œ § œ Ž œ §  ¤   ¤  ¦ ¥ ó

3
Ž  £ ¥ Ÿ ¦ Ž  ¤  ž ž ¥ œ    ž  ˜ §

¤ ¡ é
4 8 16 32 ?
¤ ¢  64 ¦ ¥ ¥  £ ¤ ¡  œ ¥ œ  ž Ÿ

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you try using the "Recover Text from Any File" setting? If that did

not
work then the file is corrupted.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Yasser Shahzad Qureshi"

wrote in message

"Jezebel" wrote:

[...]

??

wrote in message
I have a word file, when I open that file there are symbols

written, I
guess
the txt is encrypted or what... But I want to view the text, so

kindly
tell
me how can I view the txt.....I tried to select all the text

and
change
the
font but nothing happened, then I tried to save the file using

Save
As
option, in different formats, but nothing happened even... So

if
there
is
any way to view the file's contents, plese tell me ......

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yasser Shahzad Qureshi

Well Mr.Suzanne. what do you mean by "get the file *is* corrupted (or is not
a Word document at all)" What Is this *is* ? ?

wrote in message
I have a word file, when I open that file there are symbols
written, I
guess
the txt is encrypted or what... But I want to view the text, so
kindly
tell
me how can I view the txt.....I tried to select all the text

and
change
the
font but nothing happened, then I tried to save the file using

Save
As
option, in different formats, but nothing happened even... So

if
there
is
any way to view the file's contents, plese tell me ......

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sorry, that should have read, "If that's the best you can get, the file *is*
corrupted." Asterisks are used in plain text for emphasis (indicating bold).
I could also have written, "If that's the best you can get, the file IS
corrupted."

wrote in message

Dear Mr. Suzanne!

I tried The recover text option, the text written before using the

option
was some what as follows:

" A.P. MOLLER

Ÿ ¤  ˜  œ  Ÿ ¦ Ž I
Ž  £ ¥ Ÿ ¦ Ž  ¤ ¦  ¤  œ ¢ ¢ Ž ¥ ƒ  § ¤

¡ ó
œ ¦ œ ¦   £ ¥ š ¦ ¦ ƒ ž ¤ ¡ ó
¤ ¦ Ÿ  £ ž œ ¥ ž œ ¤  ˜  œ   Ÿ 

¦
¥
¤ ¦ Ÿ * ž š Ÿ œ ¤  ³  Ÿ  £ ¢ ¡ œ ¥ ¤

¢

œ  Ž ¤ ¦  ¤ ž Ÿ ¤ ¡ œ §  ¤   ¤  ¦ ¥ é

¦  §   ¢ ¥ Ÿ ˜ ž ¦ ¥  Ž œ  Ÿ

˜
¦ ¥ é
 ³ œ §  œ Ž Ÿ   ž ¤
1 2 3 4 5

œ 
Ÿ Ÿ ¤ ¡ 3 Ÿ Ž ž œ § œ Ž œ §  ¤   ¤  ¦ ¥ ó

3
Ž  £ ¥ Ÿ ¦ Ž  ¤  ž ž ¥ œ    ž  ˜

§
¤ ¡ é