Brian Delahunty

Default Figure References

I have a document, around 140 pages long so it's not all
that long.

I try to enter a reference in the text to a Figure by
going to Insert- Reference - Cross-Reference,
selecting "Figure" from the "Reference type" drop down
list, selecting "Only label and number" from the "Insert
reference to" drop down list and leaving the rest of the
settings as default, the Reference test messes up.

Say I want to add a reference to "Figure 18: Blah blah
blah" and Figure 18 is working properly in the Table of
figures and so on, the reference that would be inserted
into the text by my steps above would be "Figure 181718".
I can't seem to fix this at all.

Any ideas... I really need to get this fixed by tomorrow.
Margaret Aldis

Do you perhaps have unaccepted changes in your document? The 181718 number
looks like it could be a history of sequence numbers?

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP