Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Chris

Default How do I vertically number cells in a table (labels)?

I have a page of labels and I want to number each label consecutively. My
numbering is horizontally and I would like to change it to vertically.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Q2hyaXM=?=,

I have a page of labels and I want to number each label consecutively. My
numbering is horizontally and I would like to change it to vertically.

the easiest way for you to see this would be to set up separate tables for
each column, then divide the page into newspaper columns (Format/Column). Put
a column break before each table.

The only other way would be a very complicated set of fields. I did this
once, quite a few years ago, for a book. But I don't have the solution handy.
In any case, unless you're very careful it's not all too reliable (and it
would take longer to set up than the columns).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org