Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JSpence2003 JSpence2003 is offline

Default moving a text box

Using Word 2003. Whenever I try to move a text box around on the page, it
will someytimes just jump up to the top of the page, no matter where I was
trying to move it in the first place. It usually happens when I am dragging
the box down the page, then when I let go of the mouse button, the text box
jumps up to the top.

Is this a setting I need to change? Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?SlNwZW5jZTIwMDM=?=,

Using Word 2003. Whenever I try to move a text box around on the page, it
will someytimes just jump up to the top of the page, no matter where I was
trying to move it in the first place. It usually happens when I am dragging
the box down the page, then when I let go of the mouse button, the text box
jumps up to the top.

This can happen if the document starts to get damaged, internally. Unless
things really start to go completely haywire, I'll resort to the
Layout/advanced options in the "Format" dialog box to whip it back into line.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JSpence2003 JSpence2003 is offline

The layout is set for "in front" of the text, so I don't know what to do.
Just be annoyed when trying to move them. What did you mean the document is
damaged internally?

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?SlNwZW5jZTIwMDM=?=,

Using Word 2003. Whenever I try to move a text box around on the page, it
will someytimes just jump up to the top of the page, no matter where I was
trying to move it in the first place. It usually happens when I am dragging
the box down the page, then when I let go of the mouse button, the text box
jumps up to the top.

This can happen if the document starts to get damaged, internally. Unless
things really start to go completely haywire, I'll resort to the
Layout/advanced options in the "Format" dialog box to whip it back into line.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?SlNwZW5jZTIwMDM=?=,

The layout is set for "in front" of the text, so I don't know what to do.

Click the "Advanced" button and you'll get a dialog box where you can type in
the position

Just be annoyed when trying to move them. What did you mean the document is
damaged internally?

Word documents are very complex beasts, behind the scenes. If your computer so
much as hiccups or sneezes while you have one open, it can (doesn't have to,
but can) "scramble" things up. You may never notice it; the document become
irrecoverable; but more commonly things start to behave "oddly" when Word
tries to deal with the problems. Depending on the severity (and your version
of Word), there are various approaches for recovering the part of the document
that you see and is therefore important to you.