Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MEL MEL is offline

Default borders around columns on same page

When I try to put borders around text in 2 columns (landscape on an A4 page),
i cant seem to get them equal as i can only select 'text' or 'paragraph'.
Why can't i change these borders like the usual A4 page borders? does anyone
know how to do this? otherwise my brochure will look funny....thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In what way aren't the borders equal? If you apply the borders to the
paragraph, they will extend to the column width (or margin width, for
text in a single column).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mel" wrote in message
When I try to put borders around text in 2 columns (landscape on an A4

page),
i cant seem to get them equal as i can only select 'text' or

'paragraph'.
Why can't i change these borders like the usual A4 page borders? does

anyone
know how to do this? otherwise my brochure will look funny....thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds to me as if you are trying to create two pages on a single sheet.
Have you tried using the "2 pages per sheet" option in "Multiple pages" on
the Margins tab of Page Setup? This allows to apply page borders to the two
separate "pages" just as you would to full-sheet pages.

If that's not what you want to do, then you may have to create a "fake" page
border using a bordered text box, frame, or AutoShape with Behind Text
wrapping.