TJ

Default Footers and section breaks

I need to create a document in Word 2003. It will contain three seperate
documents. The first doc is one page. The second doc is three pages and the
third doc is 4 pages. How can I insert footers and page numbers for each
doc? I have tried using sections but I am not doing something correctly.

TJ

If you want different footers and/or page numbers for the three documents,
you will indeed need section breaks between them, and you will need to
disable Same as Previous (Link to Previous). For more, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

"TJ" wrote in message
I need to create a document in Word 2003. It will contain three seperate
documents. The first doc is one page. The second doc is three pages and

the
third doc is 4 pages. How can I insert footers and page numbers for each
doc? I have tried using sections but I am not doing something correctly.

TJ

Instead of using the NUMPAGES field for the number of pages, use
SECTIONPAGES (assuming each document has only one section). If there is more
than one section in the document, then you'll need a different workaround.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you want different footers and/or page numbers for the three

documents,
you will indeed need section breaks between them, and you will need to
disable Same as Previous (Link to Previous). For more, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.