Chris Waller

Default Chris Waller

How can I insert a field in the footer that automatically update to show the
name of the last person to update the document?
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 11:23:02 -0700, Chris Waller
wrote:

How can I insert a field in the footer that automatically update to show the
name of the last person to update the document?

While the cursor is in the footer, go to Insert Field and select
LastSavedBy.

This field (and most fields) won't update automatically. You can
select it and press F9 to update it manually. If you go to Tools
Options Print and make sure the "Update fields" option is checked,
then printing or just going into Print Preview will update it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Charles Kenyon

You could get it to update automatically by inserting macros similar to
those at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/File_Name_And_Path.htm to force an update
upon saving.
--
Charles Kenyon