Default Jumpy Insertion Point Cursor

All ofa sudden, the I-beam shaped insertion point has become jumpy.
Makes it hard to select the correct portion of text. I'm using Word
2000. Don't know what's caused this. Would appreciate suggestions
for a fix.

Only happens in Word 2000.

*(((({

Shauna Kelly

Hi Fishy

Laptop? Touchpad? Thumb grazing the touchpad? That's the most common cause
of the jumping cursor.

Try Control Panel to make the touchpad less sensitive, or, if you don't use
it, disable it.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"*((({" wrote in message
All ofa sudden, the I-beam shaped insertion point has become jumpy.
Makes it hard to select the correct portion of text. I'm using Word
2000. Don't know what's caused this. Would appreciate suggestions
for a fix.

Only happens in Word 2000.

*(((({

Desktop. Optical mouse. Mouse and pad one week old. Started
jittering and jumping around this morning. Caffein! !! !!!!

Now what?

*(((({

In the last exciting episode on Tue, 10 May 2005 19:28:39 +1000,
"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

|Hi Fishy
|
|Laptop? Touchpad? Thumb grazing the touchpad? That's the most common cause
|of the jumping cursor.
|
|Try Control Panel to make the touchpad less sensitive, or, if you don't use
|it, disable it.
|
|Hope this helps.
|
|Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

|"*((({" wrote in message
.. .
| All ofa sudden, the I-beam shaped insertion point has become jumpy.
| Makes it hard to select the correct portion of text. I'm using Word
| 2000. Don't know what's caused this. Would appreciate suggestions
| for a fix.
|
| Only happens in Word 2000.
|
| *(((({

Graham Mayor

Is this a cordless mouse? Check the batteries. Depending on the type of
cordless mouse, is there interference from another source? If available
change the channel the cordless mouse runs on.
Do you have a background scheduled process running in Windows that is
interfering with mouse action eg downloading updates?
See if there's a display driver update from the manufacturer.