Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DruD DruD is offline

Default numbering levels

In 2003, is there any way to increase the numbering levels in the outline
numbering
style? It's set to 9 levels. I have a user who needs, believe it or not,
20 levels. He's willing to use headings, but that's maxed at 15. Thanks.
--
DruD
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

There is no way to add levels to an outline-numbered list format, no, but
you can try the trick presented by Bruce Brown in the following thread:

18 levels of numbering without tears
http://groups.google.se/group/micros...cfb9ee4c92dd6c
(microsoft.public.word.numbering newsgroup)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DruD" wrote in message
In 2003, is there any way to increase the numbering levels in the outline
numbering
style? It's set to 9 levels. I have a user who needs, believe it or not,
20 levels. He's willing to use headings, but that's maxed at 15. Thanks.
--
DruD

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Don't tell me, he works for the government!? Only governments seem to want
to create documents that would prove so difficult to read.
Suggest he reads the first paragraph at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plain_language