Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J Wilkes J Wilkes is offline

Default Multi-column pages. Need to leave 3rd column blank

I need columns one and two to wrap but skip the third column to leave blank
for note-taking. I know I can manually insert a column break but is there
anything else I can put in the third column leave it blank? I have a header
that stretches across the whole page (landscape) so can't adjust my page
size.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PJY PJY is offline

Type your header first, insert a section break (continous), then change your
page margins. Say your page is 8 1/2 x 11 and the margins are 1" all around,
if you select two columns instead of three (equal column width), then change
the margins (keeping with the 1" example) to be 1" for top, 1" for bottom, 1"
for left, and 3.31 for the right you will have the white space on the right
that you want for your notes, plus the text wrapping to the next page when
column two is filled, which is what I'm guessing you were trying to achieve.
You can also use the protect form, but that would be way too much effort than
it is worth!