Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] ewout.boter@gmail.com is offline

Default Using a PDF as background

I want to use a PDF-file as background for a merge document. The merge
document contains data that will eventually be printed on a pre-
printed form. I would like to use a scan of the pre-printed form as
background for the merge data, so that the user knows the context of
the data that is displayed in the merge document. Of course, the
background itself should not be printed.

Any suggestions?

Ewout
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Using a PDF as background

Hi Ewout,

Yes, you can definitely use a PDF-file as a background for your merge document in Microsoft Word. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Open your merge document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Page Color" dropdown menu and select "Fill Effects".
  4. In the "Fill Effects" dialog box, select the "Picture" tab.
  5. Click on the "Select Picture" button and browse to the location of your PDF-file.
  6. Select the PDF-file and click on the "Insert" button.
  7. In the "Fill Effects" dialog box, select the "Tile" option under "Picture Layout" to ensure that the PDF-file is repeated across the entire background of the document.
  8. Click on the "OK" button to apply the PDF-file as the background of your merge document.

Now, the PDF-file will be displayed as the background of your merge document. However, you mentioned that you don't want the background to be printed. To ensure that the background is not printed, you can follow these additional steps:
  1. Click on the "File" tab in the ribbon.
  2. Click on "Options" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
  3. Click on "Display" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Under the "Printing options" section, uncheck the "Print background colors and images" checkbox.
  5. Click on the "OK" button to save your changes.

Now, when you print your merge document, the background will not be printed.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you are scanning the form scan it to a graphics image such as jpg and not
PDF.
Insert the image full size and set its layout property to behind text.
Set the Word Option not to print drawing objects.

wrote:
I want to use a PDF-file as background for a merge document. The merge
document contains data that will eventually be printed on a pre-
printed form. I would like to use a scan of the pre-printed form as
background for the merge data, so that the user knows the context of
the data that is displayed in the merge document. Of course, the
background itself should not be printed.

Any suggestions?

Ewout

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] ewout.boter@gmail.com is offline

Hi Graham,

I have used Adobe Acrobat Professional to convert the PDF to a JPEG-
file. I have inserted the file in the merge template. It looks rather
fine, although I think it will be difficult to calibrate the image.
(The pre-printed form has the size Letter 8.5" x 11". It was scanned
to a page with format A4 (about 8.27" x 11.69". The JPEG-file should
now be adjusted to the correct size. I think that will be a cumbersome
process.)

However, a more important problem is the following. The background of
the document should not be printed. You suggested to set the option
Print Drawing Objects to off, but in that case ALL texts would
disappear, because I have used text boxes to position the merge
fields.

Is it possible to indicate on the level of individual drawing objects
whether or not the object should be printed? If not, then I don't
think I will do any attempt to get the calibration right!

Ewout

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

wrote:
I want to use a PDF-file as background for a merge document. The merge
document contains data that will eventually be printed on a pre-
printed form. I would like to use a scan of the pre-printed form as
background for the merge data, so that the user knows the context of
the data that is displayed in the merge document. Of course, the
background itself should not be printed.

Any suggestions?

Ewout- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word makes no distinction between drawing objects - it is all or none. Use a
table rather than text boxes for your text.

wrote:
I want to use a PDF-file as background for a merge document. The
merge document contains data that will eventually be printed on a
pre- printed form. I would like to use a scan of the pre-printed
form as background for the merge data, so that the user knows the
context of the data that is displayed in the merge document. Of
course, the background itself should not be printed.

Any suggestions?

Ewout- Hide quoted text -

MaritzaJTilly MaritzaJTilly is offline
Banned

Hello friends, idea's shared by you here for your pdf files are great. If you need an online pdf converter for converting your documents then you can visit here. You can avail of these services for free here on this website.
Uposing Uposing is offline
Banned

I would say PDF documents are available for everyone for securing or accessing the different files as the file format. Now people can convert different files together through the help of the https://pdf.co/ platform where you will find out the PDF to excel, merge files together, and much more making work more simple.
stevenmbrun stevenmbrun is offline
Banned

The Dangers Of Installing Apps On Your Phone
The first type of danger you need to know about is ‘spyware’ which is a program that will read, and even copy, your personal information such as passwords, accounts, email addresses, etc. It does this by recording the keys you type, and the programs you are using when you type those keys – this is called ‘keylogging’.

Phishing is another method for obtaining your personal information. The difference between phishing and spyware is that spyware is a program that works on your computer without you realising, and phishing is where a program, website or email pretends to be something it is not. The word ‘phishing’ comes from joining the words ‘phoney’ and ‘fishing’ together. Which basically describes the method. Often these fraudsters send out emails which appear to be from a bank, or a membership site of some kind, and they provide a link requesting you to go to their site and log in. If you click on the link it will take you to a site which looks just like the bank’s site but it is not. And when you input your details it records them. I have seen a number of these kind of emails pretending to be a bank, Paypal, and even World of Warcraft. In each case, they are attempting to steal your account and even your money.

Next is Adware. This is an application which might use Trojan, spyware or phishing tactics, but instead of stealing your private information it displays advertisements in the hope that you will respond to them. Often, adware will hijack your use of the internet, and force you to visit or trick you into visiting specific websites where it has products or commissions available. In this respect it is not as ‘dangerous’ as the other forms of malware, but it can disrupt your activities, change your settings and will often slow your computer or phone down considerably. Sometimes this is entirely legitimate, and is installed on your computer in exchange for your use of free products or services. But in other cases it is installed without your full knowledge. Overall, it can be very irritating!

But don’t be overly alarmed. Your Android phone is a robust device which is not easily infiltrated, so long as you are aware of the potential dangers out there, and you know how to safeguard yourself against them.

Protecting Your Android Phone
The main thing to bear in mind, when you look at all those descriptions above, is that the computer or mobile phone user must give permission to the document scanner app iphone to be installed. That is why so many threats use trickery, because your phone’s operating system has a high level of security which means that the only things that get installed, are the things you agree to. So the main protection you can employ, is caution.

Check The App Permissions
The permissions an app requires will tell you a lot about what the app is going to do. If you install an app and it requests permission to access your contacts, then make sure it is the type of application which handles contacts in some way. You can usually check an apps permissions requirements before installing it, by going to the security tab in its market entry.

background teddkilroy Microsoft Word Help 2 November 29th 07 11:54 PM
printing tiled background instead of full page background teacher4 Microsoft Word Help 0 May 18th 07 03:03 PM
background Pam Page Layout 1 August 28th 06 04:53 AM
the background mookmook Microsoft Word Help 2 January 4th 06 02:38 PM
Picture as Cell Background (or label background)? Mr B Microsoft Word Help 1 January 13th 05 07:33 PM