Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MarieLarsen MarieLarsen is offline

Default Spanish office language packs

I need a spanish spellcheck for windows word 2007.
How do i get this without purchasing the multi-language-pack. I don't want
to change the language of my computer - I just want it to correct my mistakes
when I write in spanish.
Is it possible just to buy the Spanish office language pack?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

MarieLarsen wrote:
I need a spanish spellcheck for windows word 2007.
How do i get this without purchasing the multi-language-pack. I don't
want to change the language of my computer - I just want it to
correct my mistakes when I write in spanish.
Is it possible just to buy the Spanish office language pack?

Office 2007 is the first version for which you can buy just the proofing
tools for one language. The price is US$24.95 per pack, and they're
available only through Office Online.

Go to
http://buy.trymicrosoftoffice.com/bu...amily=langpack.
In the blue box in the upper right, select Spanish in the dropdown and click
the Buy Now button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi[_2_] TedMi[_2_] is offline

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message

Office 2007 is the first version for which you can buy just the proofing
tools for one language.

Not quite true. When you buy a language pack, you get more than "just the
proofing tools" - you also get menus and help in the new language. However,
you may choose use only the proofing tools, and keep menus and help in
English.
-TedMi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

TedMi wrote:
"Jay Freedman" wrote in message

Office 2007 is the first version for which you can buy just the
proofing tools for one language.

Not quite true. When you buy a language pack, you get more than "just
the proofing tools" - you also get menus and help in the new
language. However, you may choose use only the proofing tools, and
keep menus and help in English.
-TedMi

Point taken. What I was trying to emphasize was that you can get a package
for a single language, unlike the Proofing Tools packages in earlier
versions that contained dozens of languages.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Yes, and if I weren't slowly losing my editorial skills I would have
written that in the first place. :-)

TedMi wrote:
"Jay Freedman" wrote in message

Office 2007 is the first version for which you can buy just the
proofing tools for one language.

Not quite true. When you buy a language pack, you get more than "just
the proofing tools" - you also get menus and help in the new
language. However, you may choose use only the proofing tools, and
keep menus and help in English.
-TedMi

Point taken. What I was trying to emphasize was that you can get a package
for a single language, unlike the Proofing Tools packages in earlier
versions that contained dozens of languages.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

--
Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Depending on the region where you bought your copy of Office, you may have
Spanish (and French) proofing languages included but not installed with Word
2007. Certainly my US sourced English language copy has both. Re-run Office
setup from the Windows add or remove programs applet and check.

"MarieLarsen" wrote in message
I need a spanish spellcheck for windows word 2007.
How do i get this without purchasing the multi-language-pack. I don't want
to change the language of my computer - I just want it to correct my
mistakes
when I write in spanish.
Is it possible just to buy the Spanish office language pack?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Depending on the region where you bought your copy of Office, you may have
Spanish (and French) proofing languages included but not installed with Word
2007. Certainly my US sourced English language copy has both. Re-run Office
setup from the Windows add or remove programs applet and check.

"MarieLarsen" wrote in message
I need a spanish spellcheck for windows word 2007.
How do i get this without purchasing the multi-language-pack. I don't want
to change the language of my computer - I just want it to correct my
mistakes
when I write in spanish.
Is it possible just to buy the Spanish office language pack?

Foreign-language Office 2007 and English language packs Paul Microsoft Word Help 3 July 15th 09 12:31 AM
Using the Spanish and Italian Language Packs with Word 2007 Harriet Microsoft Word Help 2 September 24th 07 09:42 PM
How can I install language packs on MS XP Home Edition? Ferra Microsoft Word Help 4 October 26th 05 05:45 AM
Language Packs Jon Microsoft Word Help 1 January 18th 05 10:06 AM
how to install office language check for spanish (Microsoft XP) sugar Microsoft Word Help 1 January 11th 05 04:24 AM