Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MojoBaer MojoBaer is offline

Default Tab button for promoting/demoting bullet entries

I used to be able to use the tab key to promote/demote a bulleted item, but
now it just tabs the text next to the bullet.

Anyone have any idea how to set it up again so the tab key will
promote/demote the bulleted item?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Is this Word 2003? Version makes a difference!

ToolsAutocorrect OptionsAutoFormat As You Type, tick thte checkbox for Set
Left and First Line Indent... and make sure that the insertion point is at
the beginning of the item you want to demote.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"MojoBaer" wrote in message
I used to be able to use the tab key to promote/demote a bulleted item, but
now it just tabs the text next to the bullet.

Anyone have any idea how to set it up again so the tab key will
promote/demote the bulleted item?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
neatfeatguy neatfeatguy is offline

I know this is old, but I've been searching for a solution to this problem
for the past hour now. I don't know how the setting changed, but I'm ecstatic
to have it working the way I need it to. Thanks for the help.

"MojoBaer" wrote in message
I used to be able to use the tab key to promote/demote a bulleted item, but
now it just tabs the text next to the bullet.

Anyone have any idea how to set it up again so the tab key will
promote/demote the bulleted item?

Thanks!

jdonie jdonie is offline
Junior Member

Thanks to both the asking party and the answering party ... this was an annoying problem, but no longer, thanks to you both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTaz View Post