Default STOP! background repagination?

I'm working on some long documents -- 35+ Megs. I'd like to stop the
background repagination for a while, until I get the editing and
styles done. In the meantime, it just slows me down when I'm doing
find/replace.

How can I temporarily disable the background repagination?

Thanks!

*(((({

Suzanne,
You are a godsend! Here I am, working away late into the evening
on a Saturday, with a vexing problem, and I get your perfect advice
within minutes. It's just so great!

*(((({

In the last exciting episode on Sat, 7 May 2005 22:02:14 -0500,
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

|Switch to Normal view and disable background repagination on the General tab
|of Tools | Options. It will be reenabled whenever you switch back to Print
|Layout view, however.

Glad I could help. FWIW, if you're working on a complex document with
images, turning on "Picture placeholders" (in Normal view) will make Word
even more efficient.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

|Switch to Normal view and disable background repagination on the General

tab
|of Tools | Options. It will be reenabled whenever you switch back to

Print
|Layout view, however.

Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Fishy

*((({ wrote:
I'm working on some long documents -- 35+ Megs. I'd like to stop the

FWIW, if the raw text amount (excl. pictures) of your document is above
32 MByte, you are most probably heading for deep trouble!

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS