Susana

Default Misterious sending problems in Word

Hello, you guys!

I have a question for you.... My printerīs mailbox doesnīt recieve correctly
wordīs documents because when you send any document from word, its name has
a string called "Microsoft Word - " before than the real name of the
document.

That is the reason which the printerīs mailbox receive a long name..type
"Microsoft Word - mydocument.doc".
The big problem is the number of characters that allows the printerīs
mailbox, 20 char only.
Finally,you can read in mail box, in the example: "Microsoft Word -
myd"....This means that the information most relevant, the name of my file,
is cutted, and i donīt know where it came from.

If you send a PDF file to print, there is not this problem. You send the
file to print in mailbox and the whole name of file you can read, Acrobat
Reader doesnīt put the string "Acrobat Reader - " before file name.

This is i explain you,is easy to see when the file is sent to print queue of
PC...All documents ordering to print from Word have the same format:
"Microsoft Word - NAME_OF_DOCUMENT.doc".

I have found in windows register to see something about this..and nothing.
Wordīs configuration too.

If you know how to resolve my problem...iīm already crazy,he he..

A lot of thanks.

Susan

Shauna Kelly

Hi Susana

Are the print jobs listed in a table, with the Document Name listed first?
If so, you can make the column wider, so you can see the full name of the
document.

With the mouse, hover over the bar at the end of the "Document Name" tab.
When the cursor changes to a cross, click and drag to the right to make the
column wider.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Susana" wrote in message
s...
[...]

Susana

Hi Shauna!

Thanks for response to me.

Its not a document view problem in print jobs listed in a table in my PC.
I can see the complete name in print jobs....the real thing is that my
CANON
printer only can receive 20 char in printer-mailbox screen...
Then, a document called -- "Microsoft Word - susana.doc", only is seen like
"Microsoft Word - sus".
I would need eliminate from my PC the string "Microsoft Word" before the
document name that Word always creates in my PC in each document.
The correct print job name would must be: "susana.doc".

If you know information to resolve this....Ąitīs a mistery for me!

Thank you very much Shauna.

Susana

mensaje ...