Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MatthewTap

Default Keeping a header on the same page as the first line under that hea

Is there a way to set up a header to automatically stay on the same page as
the first line below the header?

I'm looking for a way that doesn't involve manually adding non-breaking
spaces/returns [if there is such a thing] at the end of each line until the
first line. Just not manually.

If anyone has any ideas [and I guess even manual ones, in case I can take it
and use it to do something with], I would be greatful.

Thank you.
Matt
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 09:43:02 -0800, "MatthewTap"
wrote:

Is there a way to set up a header to automatically stay on the same page as
the first line below the header?

I'm looking for a way that doesn't involve manually adding non-breaking
spaces/returns [if there is such a thing] at the end of each line until the
first line. Just not manually.

If anyone has any ideas [and I guess even manual ones, in case I can take it
and use it to do something with], I would be greatful.

Thank you.
Matt

Assuming you're using a style to create the heading, go to Format
Style, select the style, click Modify Format Paragraph, go to the
Line & Page Breaks tab, and check "Keep with next".

You can apply this setting directly to each heading, but it makes more
sense to do it in the style and only have to do it once.

DO NOT press Enter twice (or more) after the heading to get a "blank
line" before the following text, as that will break the "keep with
next" -- the heading would only stick to the blank line. If you need
more space between the heading and the text, apply Space After in the
paragraph formatting of the heading's style.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MatthewTap

Default Keeping a header on the same page as the first line under that

Thank you both.

Yes, I have modified my styles and headers so that they are no longer the
originals at all. But, I never knew what "keep with next" meant... I thought
it had something to do with keeping with next header or something, I don't
know.

Anyway -- thank you both.

Matt