Non-breaking tables

Old March 1st 06, 05:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Non-breaking tables

I am trying to keep my headings ("Figure 2.5. Price of rye") connected to the
associated table or chart. I have tried creating a 2-cell table, putting the
heading in one cell and the chart in then next one, directly below, selecting
all, and unchecking "allow row to break across pages." This doesn't do it,
the table still breaks where it wants to. Is there a way to keep my tables
together, no allowing them to break at page breaks?
Old March 1st 06, 05:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Hi Jauchart,

as far as I understand it,
"allow row to break across pages"
controls, whether a page break can appear within a row.

Unless you limit the size of a table to what the remainder
of a page can hold, below your chart or graphics,
there is no way to prevent the table from breaking.

This is a matter of logic.

Either the table breaks,
or you will be confronted with messages, like:
No more lines on this page!
or
No more rows in this table!

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

Old March 1st 06, 07:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Helmut,

Es geht doch nicht nur um der Logik. If I have a five-row table that happens
to fall low on my page, there should be a way to lock it together so that if
it does not all fit on this page, then the whole thing will be thrown over to
the next page, rather than splitting it half-way down.

"Helmut Weber" wrote:

Hi Jauchart,

as far as I understand it,

Old March 2nd 06, 12:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...bleOn1Page.htm. But note
that a table is not necessary here. You could insert both caption and chart
In Line With Text and just format the first paragraph as "Keep with next."

news