Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jackie D

Default Styles & Formatting

Hi I'm using Word 2003 & XP Home

I set up various heading styles in a word template (using styles and
formatting). Then I changed my mind about headings 8 to 10 and would like to
delete these. But the delete option is greyed out. I would have thought it
was because these styles are in use - but they're not. Does anyone know how I
can get rid of the ones I don't want?
--

Many thanks
JD
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Jackie D wrote:
I set up various heading styles in a word template (using styles and
formatting). Then I changed my mind about headings 8 to 10 and would like to
delete these. But the delete option is greyed out. I would have thought it
was because these styles are in use - but they're not. Does anyone know how I
can get rid of the ones I don't want?

You cannot delete the built-in styles "Heading x" [x | 1..9].

You can certainly tell the Styles&Formatting taskpane not to show them
(look at the bottom of this taskpane).

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jackie D

Hi Robert

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realise I was showing all styles and not just
the ones being used. That's sorted out that little problem!
--

Many thanks
JD