How do I get Autocorrect Options as a toolbar item

Old December 2nd 04, 10:41 PM
Colonel Blip

Default How do I get Autocorrect Options as a toolbar item

Hello, All!

I have a bunch of Autotext entries in a custom template. Before I work on a
particular document I have to go to Tools|Autocorrect Options|Autotext at
which point I change the lookin field to point only to my custom template.

I would like to add a toolbar item that preferrably took me to the autotext
dialog box but if not at least to the autocorrect multi-tab option dialog. I
found a command Autocorrect Options but it opens a one tab Autocorrect
dialog. Autotext was another command under All commands but it didn't seem
to work at all.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

Old December 3rd 04, 12:55 AM

I have discovered one way to do this. With Tools | Customize open, select
Insert | AutoText | AutoText... Pressing Ctrl (so that you will copy rather
than move the command), drag the command to a menu. Although the button icon
is the same as the one for AutoText under All Commands, this one (unlike
that one) does work.

Old December 3rd 04, 03:24 AM
Colonel Blip

Hello, Suzanne!
You wrote on Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:55:38 -0600:

SSB I have discovered one way to do this. With Tools | Customize open,
SSB select
Insert | AutoText | AutoText... Pressing Ctrl (so that you will copy
SSB than move the command), drag the command to a menu. Although the
SSB button icon is the same as the one for AutoText under All Commands,
SSB this one (unlike that one) does work.

Not sure I follow your instructions, but with the direction they gave me I
was able to put the button on my toolbar and it is working great.

Thanks.

Colonel Blip.
E-mail: