Autocorrect registry entries

Old January 26th 05, 07:33 PM
Jen

Default Autocorrect registry entries

In Word 97, I was able to rename the autocorrect file from username.acl to
autocorr.acl and then save it on a network drive that only I could access and
point the registry to that location instead of the default location on c:\.
This allowed each person who used that same PC to have their own personalized
autocorrect.

With Word 2003, I see that the autocorrect file is named mso1033.acl but I
can't find it in the registry so I can't figure out how to point it to a
different location. The issue is that several people use the same PC and
they all have their own autocorrect entries and don't want to share the same
file. They all want their own. Short of having a manual process for each
person when they go to use that PC, I can't figure out how to make this work.
Any ideas?
Old January 26th 05, 09:12 PM
garfield-n-odie

If each user had a separate Windows logon, then each user would have
their own normal.dot, mso1033.acl, and custom.dic files.

Old January 26th 05, 09:14 PM
garfield-n-odie

Oops... please disregard my previous reply... I was thinking about
something else and what I said was incorrect.