Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xavier xavier is offline

Default Footnotes at the end of the document

Hi!,
I have a word doc. with +/- 75 footnotes that show them up in the page where
I make the citation, I need now to change this format and compile/regroup all
footnotes and the end of document - so, is there any way to make this change
at once and not on a one-by-one basis?
Appreciative of any feedback/advice.
Xavier
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus Opinicus is offline

"Xavier" wrote

I have a word doc. with +/- 75 footnotes that show them up in the page
where
I make the citation, I need now to change this format and compile/regroup
all
footnotes and the end of document - so, is there any way to make this
change
at once and not on a one-by-one basis?

Go to the beginning of the first footnote. Holding down left-shift hit
control-A. That will take you to the end of the last footnote and select all
of them. Right click anywhere on the defined footnotes and choose "Convert
to end note". Voila your footnotes have been converted to endnotes.

However if your Word is also like mine, the numbering will also have been
change from "1, 2, 3..." to "i, ii, iii..." for reasons that aren't entirely
clear to me. To fix this, I go to some place in the body of the document
before the first note then:

Insert footnote Endnote Number format 1, 2, 3... Insert

This inserts a dummy endnote but also changes the numbering format of all
the other notes. When you erase the dummy, the formatting remains and the
numbering reverts to the original.

Someone once told me an easier way to fix this numbering but I can never
remember what it is so I always use this method.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You can convert all the footnotes to endnotes in one operation. To do this:

Select Insert Reference Footnote and click the Convert button.
Select "Convert all footnotes to endnotes" and click OK.
Click Close in the Footnote and Endnote dialog box.

After the footnotes have been converted to endnotes you need to select
Insert Reference Footnote again in case you want to change the endnote
number format (select the number format you want, in "Apply changes to",
select "Whole document", then click Apply).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg