mike_mor

Default duplicate lables

I am getting duplicate lables when i run a mail merge in Word 2003. I am
using an excel spreadsheet as my data source, it does not have any dupes. I
can take the same .xls file home and run the merge on my home PC with Office
2000 and it works fine. This happens with all mail merges, not just one
specific file.

Any help would be very much appreciated...

Thanks,
Michael
Doug Robbins

What happens if you take the mailmerge main document home as well? Almost
certainly the problem is caused by missing Next Record fields in the
mail merge main document. They are required before the first merge field in
ALL of the labels on the sheet OTHER THAN the first label.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"mike_mor" wrote in message
I am getting duplicate lables when i run a mail merge in Word 2003. I am
using an excel spreadsheet as my data source, it does not have any dupes.
can take the same .xls file home and run the merge on my home PC with
Office
2000 and it works fine. This happens with all mail merges, not just one
specific file.

Any help would be very much appreciated...

Thanks,
Michael

Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm

mike_mor wrote:
I am getting duplicate lables when i run a mail merge in Word 2003.
I am using an excel spreadsheet as my data source, it does not have
any dupes. I can take the same .xls file home and run the merge on
my home PC with Office 2000 and it works fine. This happens with
all mail merges, not just one specific file.

Any help would be very much appreciated...

Thanks,
Michael

I'm trying to print L7171 lever arch lables but the print does no. SUE Microsoft Word Help 1 February 3rd 05 02:13 AM
dupelicate lables in word mike_mor Mailmerge 1 February 1st 05 01:33 AM
Duplicate Files John Flatley New Users 1 December 22nd 04 08:17 AM
printing a sheet of lables using all different addresses Bjo New Users 1 December 17th 04 04:50 AM
I can not see lables in Word on the screen! HollyMac Microsoft Word Help 3 December 2nd 04 06:49 PM