Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alina alina is offline

Default Moving Desktop Icons

I have a company issued laptop and everytime I log in and out or undock my
lap top, my desktop icons move all over the place. I then need to spend time
relocating them on my desktop or give up and just start digging for them. I
like to have them around the border and not all bunched up to one side.

Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

This has _nothing_ to do with Microsoft Word.

Right-click your Windows Desktop, go to Arrange Icons By... then select Auto
Arrange to remove the check. This may or may not work depending on your
version of Windows, so if not post to the appropriate Windows newsgroup - or
try using Windows Help.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Alina" wrote in message
I have a company issued laptop and everytime I log in and out or undock my
lap top, my desktop icons move all over the place. I then need to spend
time
relocating them on my desktop or give up and just start digging for them.
like to have them around the border and not all bunched up to one side.

Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

This has _nothing_ to do with Microsoft Word.

True, but wandering icons are such an annoyance that I feel sorry for
Alina. An excellent (free) solution is Desktop Restore, which you can
download from http://www.midiox.com/jsoft.htm#Desktop.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Alina" wrote in message
I have a company issued laptop and everytime I log in and out or undock my
lap top, my desktop icons move all over the place. I then need to spend
time
relocating them on my desktop or give up and just start digging for them.
like to have them around the border and not all bunched up to one side.

Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

snip
"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
news
This has _nothing_ to do with Microsoft Word.

I feel sorry for Alina.

snip

Yeah, me too... That's why I pointed her in a somewhat right direction
rather than beating up on her for _not_ organizing her stuff better rather
than dumping decorative piles of files on the Desktop in the first place :-}