How can checking for online content be disabled when using Thesaur

Old December 5th 04, 04:21 AM
James L

Default How can checking for online content be disabled when using Thesaur

we use a firewall at work with autoproxy authentication. Every time
I use the thesaurus in Word 2003, I am prompted for the internet firewall ID
and password. I have disabled the use of online content and unchecked all
services in Word Help--Research Options except for Thesaurus (U.S.).

It looks like the Thesaurus is at least checking for an Internet connection?
If so, can that be disabled? I have IE 6 with SP1 and all current security
patches, on a Windows 2000 platform.

Also have checked the registry for both HKEY_CU and HKEY_LM policies which
either force or block online content and neither is applicable.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Old December 7th 04, 04:25 PM
James L

Problem resolved. Enable the NoDiscovery option. This can only be done with
a registry entry in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\ Common\Research\Options
with Nodiscovery = 1. It cannot be done via the Office user interface. See
the following.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...iveOptions.asp