Turn off auto conversion to live hyperlink

Old July 4th 07, 10:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.spelling.grammar,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
livetohike

Default Turn off auto conversion to live hyperlink

I hate having live hyperlinks in my documents. As soon as I paste (or
type) a URL or email address, Word converts it to a 'real' hyperlink.

Any way to turn this off?

(I realize that Ctrl-Z right after Word converts will convert back to
normal text (remove hyperlink).