Coder Droid

Default Preview - zoom setting of "Two Pages" shows one page

Just got Word 2003 yesterday. When I go into print preview mode I like
to see two pages at a time. When I select "Two Pages" from the zoom
drop-down, it sets the zoom to 79% which is the exact amount needed to
see one page. If I manually change it to something like 74%, then I get
two pages, side-by-side, as desired.

Does anyone else see this? I've got a vanilla 8.5 x 11 page size, no
strange margins or anything.

Curiously, when I go to the "Multiple Page" box and select 1x2, it still
doesn't work, but selecting 1x4, or anything else, will work just fine.

I'm at a total loss.

--cd

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Coder,

Just got Word 2003 yesterday. When I go into print preview mode I like
to see two pages at a time. When I select "Two Pages" from the zoom
drop-down, it sets the zoom to 79% which is the exact amount needed to
see one page. If I manually change it to something like 74%, then I get
two pages, side-by-side, as desired.

I can think of two possibilities

1. Track changes has been turned on in the document, and the extra
"margin" is being displayed to accomodate the "balloons".

2. You need to update your graphics card (and possibly your printer)
driver.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org