Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ball

Default How can I print large sized text (2-4 inch height) to make cut out

I would like to be able to make large sized text that I can cut out to use on
posters, walls, signs, ect. How can I get MS word to take a font size and
bump it up in size to 2, 3, or even 4 inches in height?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Well, I just typed 400 into the font size box, and it came out pretty dern
big!

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Ball" Ball @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I would like to be able to make large sized text that I can cut out to use
on
posters, walls, signs, ect. How can I get MS word to take a font size and
bump it up in size to 2, 3, or even 4 inches in height?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deborah Jean

Font size is determined by points or pixels. it takes 72 points or pixels to
make an inch so if you want 3 inch size font select the font size box and
simply type in 216 which is 72 X 3 and it will then become 3 inches in
height. I've typed in 1130 in the font size box, with the current size
highlighted and it let me even go that high I imagine it will let you go even
higher. Seems to be no limit.

Deborah Jean
MOS Master Instructor.

"Ball" wrote:

I would like to be able to make large sized text that I can cut out to use on
posters, walls, signs, ect. How can I get MS word to take a font size and
bump it up in size to 2, 3, or even 4 inches in height?

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I print large sized text (2-4 inch height) to make cut out

How to Print Large Sized Text in Microsoft Word
  1. Open a new Word document and type the text you want to print in large size.
  2. Highlight the text by clicking and dragging your mouse over it.
  3. Click on the "Home" tab in the top menu bar.
  4. In the "Font" section, you'll see a drop-down menu that says "Font Size." Click on the arrow next to it to open the menu.
  5. Scroll down until you see the option for "72." This is the largest font size available in Word.
  6. Click on "72" to select it. Your text should now be much larger on the screen.
  7. If you need the text to be even larger than 72, you can try typing in a larger font size manually. Click on the number in the "Font Size" box and type in a larger number, such as 100 or 150.
  8. Once you have the text at the desired size, you can print it out by going to "File" in the top menu bar and selecting "Print." Make sure your printer is set to the correct paper size for the size of text you want to print.

That's it! You should now have a large printout of your text that you can cut out and use for posters, signs, and more.