Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
A.I. A.I. is offline

Default How to remove page numbers from copied & pasted docs?

I'm importing agency materials from other agency locations and incorporating
them via cut & paste into a program manual to be used in various locations.
Some of the material already has page numbers which are inconsistent with my
manual numbers. How do I get rid of all page numbers so I can start from
scratch without having to enter about a hundred pages?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Page numbering is a section property. When copying material from other
documents, avoid selecting section breaks. In your manual document,
delete unnecessary section breaks, and then delete the unwanted page
numbers from the header or footer of the remaining Word section(s).