Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vincent Vincent is offline

Default How do I type a fraction in `Word`without using super/sub script

How do I type a fraction in `Word`without using super/sub script which is
tedious?
Is there a font which contains fractions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/CreateFraction.htm
which explains all you need to know.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Vincent" wrote:

How do I type a fraction in `Word`without using super/sub script which is
tedious?
Is there a font which contains fractions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It doesn't mention that a variety of fonts (not including Times New
Roman, unfortunately) include whole sets of superscript and subscript
numbers and a "solidus" slash at a steeper angle, precisely for making
fractions without using the Superscript and Subscript formats (which
merely reduce the size of the basic characters, so that they end up
lighter than the surrounding text). Calibri and Cambria include them,
for instance (if you're in Word2007).

Access them through Insert Symbol; in the dropdown at the upper right,
choose Superscripts and Subscripts. If you're going to use them a lot,
assign Keyboard Shortcuts to them while you're there.

"Vincent" wrote:
How do I type a fraction in `Word`without using super/sub script which is
tedious?
Is there a font which contains fractions?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

TNR does include the fraction slash, as well as a few superscript numerals
in the Latin-1 character subset.

http://word.mvps.org