LacieMoon

Default Need brainstorming ideas - consolidate multiple Office documents-P

I need suggestions on how to solve the following problem/issue:
I need to consolidate several Office XP and Office 2003 documents [mainly
Word and Excel] into ONE document. This document would include merge fields
from other data sources [Access and Excel], photographs, and charts [from
Excel].

I have no trouble with inserting photos, linking Excel charts/graphs, and
placing merge fields into a document. My question: Once all the date is
merged, pictures inserted and Excel files linked, can I convert this "final"
document to PDF? [I don't need to maintain the links or mail merge fields --
I just need them to show the static data at that point in time]. I am not
very familiar with how Adobe Distiller works -- but seems to me to be a
logical solution. Has anyone had any experience doing something similar to
this? Any suggestions are welcome!
Lacie
PS: the final PDF document would then be printed as well as potentially
emailed.
Jezebel

If the document looks OK in Word's PrintPreview, then it should output OK to
PDF. There are some caveats -- basically, you can never be entirely certain
what will happen with embedded objects -- but in essence what Acrobat is
doing is intercepting the output that would otherwise go to the printer. So
in principle, if you can print the document you should be able to PDF it.

From your description, I'd be more concerned about the Word document falling
over or becoming unworkably slow. Another option is to PDF the components
separately, then use Acrobat to assemble the final document.