kimbyya

Default how do i allow changes by more than one user at same time in Word

In Excel, you can allow multiple users to make changes to the file at the
same time. I am trying to figure out how to do this in Word. I am using
Word 2000.
CyberTaz

Hi Kim-

Unfortunately(?) Word docs are not sharable files... only one user can
access the file at a time for editing purposes. Other users can open the file
as Read Only.

You may want to look into the Shared Workgroups feature or the use of
Master/Sub-Documents (although the latter is quite controversial, so you
might want to search this newsgroup for more insight on its pros & cons).

God Luck |:)

"kimbyya" wrote:

In Excel, you can allow multiple users to make changes to the file at the
same time. I am trying to figure out how to do this in Word. I am using
Word 2000.

sharepona

I'm using Word 2003 and having the opposite problem - the "master" file is
stored on a network folder, and many people can open and edit it. However,
the one saved last prevails and the edits of other people are lost. I would
like Word to warn prospective users that " file is being edited by another
user" - how can I do it ????

Thanks !

"kimbyya" wrote:

In Excel, you can allow multiple users to make changes to the file at the
same time. I am trying to figure out how to do this in Word. I am using
Word 2000.

Ed

We face the same situation, and are evaluating
something that might help from Groove at
http://www.groove.net/home/index.cfm

Ed