Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Liz on the pickle boat Liz on the pickle boat is offline

Default How do I delete a file name from the file drop down list?

There are names in my file drop down list , the files do not exist! I would
like to get ride of the names . Right clicking does not work to delete them
I'm using Microsoft Word 2000. The file was deleted in add or remove file!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're talking about the MRU list at the bottom of the File menu, you can
remove specific files by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Hyphen, then clicking on the
filename. Use this shortcut with care, as it will remove *any* menu item you
click on.

wrote in message ...
There are names in my file drop down list , the files do not exist! I

would
like to get ride of the names . Right clicking does not work to delete

them
I'm using Microsoft Word 2000. The file was deleted in add or remove file!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Most Recently Used.

"Liz on the pickle boat"
wrote in message ...
What is a MRU list ?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you're talking about the MRU list at the bottom of the File menu, you

can
remove specific files by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Hyphen, then clicking on the
filename. Use this shortcut with care, as it will remove *any* menu item

you
click on.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

wrote in message

There are names in my file drop down list , the files do not exist! I

would
like to get ride of the names . Right clicking does not work to delete

them
I'm using Microsoft Word 2000. The file was deleted in add or remove

file!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Liz on the pickle boat[_2_] Liz on the pickle boat[_2_] is offline

Good site but holy cow for a biginner frighting, can it be done simplely?
Like A B C
If I do that there would go my computer woops all messed up now what do I
do. Thank you

Liz on the pickle boat wrote:
There are names in my file drop down list , the files do not exist! I
would like to get ride of the names . Right clicking does not work to
delete them I'm using Microsoft Word 2000. The file was deleted in
add or remove file!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You've already been given a simple solution; wasn't it simple and
unthreatening enough for you?

Liz on the pickle boat wrote:
There are names in my file drop down list , the files do not exist! I
would like to get ride of the names . Right clicking does not work to
delete them I'm using Microsoft Word 2000. The file was deleted in
add or remove file!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] Caramel108@aol.com is offline

Hello....I'm aving the same problem....I have MS word 2000 & when I go
to my "SAVE AS" window & type in the File Name Field Box it gives me a
drop down list of names that were entered from before but, these
documents no longer exist. How can I get rid of these names.

Please Advise. Thanks

On Feb 16, 9:52?pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
If you're talking about the MRU list at the bottom of the File menu, you can
remove specific files by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Hyphen, then clicking on the
filename. Use this shortcut with care, as it will remove *any* menu item you
click on.

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

"Liz on the pickle boat" Liz on the pickle
wrote in ...

There are names in my file drop down list , the files do not exist! I

would
like to get ride of the names . Right clicking does not work to delete

them
I'm using Microsoft Word 2000. The file was deleted in add or remove file!- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Liz on the pickle boat[_2_] Liz on the pickle boat[_2_] is offline

When your 65 or so nothing is simple for you, but thank you for the reply!
By the way I was talking about gregmaxey reply!

Liz on the pickle boat wrote:
There are names in my file drop down list , the files do not exist! I
would like to get ride of the names . Right clicking does not work to
delete them I'm using Microsoft Word 2000. The file was deleted in
add or remove file!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Liz on the pickle boat[_2_] Liz on the pickle boat[_2_] is offline

Suzanne was good But if I can do what Gram said, that will be better cause I
do not want to do the wrong line on accident. Follow his prompts it is good.

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, this is actually a different (and more difficult) issue, assuming that
Liz was referring to the filenames that appear at the bottom of the File
menu.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello....I'm aving the same problem....I have MS word 2000 & when I go
to my "SAVE AS" window & type in the File Name Field Box it gives me a
drop down list of names that were entered from before but, these
documents no longer exist. How can I get rid of these names.

Please Advise. Thanks

On Feb 16, 9:52?pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
If you're talking about the MRU list at the bottom of the File menu, you

can
remove specific files by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Hyphen, then clicking on the
filename. Use this shortcut with care, as it will remove *any* menu item

you
click on.

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Liz on the pickle boat" Liz on the pickle

wrote in