Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sonicfreak77 sonicfreak77 is offline

Default My backspace key stopped deleting selected text.

I can delete words and letters fine with the backspace key, but for some
reason when I select a grouping of text and hit the backspace key, it not
only does not delete the selection but it un-selects it. This also happens if
I select a grouping and start typing---the selected text will be there but
not highlighted. This started happening recently, and it's only in Word and
only on my account. I don't know how to get it back to the original function.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Tools | Options | General | deselect both WordPerfect options.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP