Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SB Mull SB Mull is offline

Default Leading spaces

I moved Word documents from an older version of Word to Word 2002. In the
older version the first line of each paragraph was indented by 3 hard spaces.
Is there an easy way to remove the leading spaces and use a tab instead.?
--
Sandra
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Poprivet Poprivet is offline

SB Mull wrote:
I moved Word documents from an older version of Word to Word 2002.
In the older version the first line of each paragraph was indented by
3 hard spaces. Is there an easy way to remove the leading spaces and
use a tab instead.?

Use Search and Replace. Find 3 spaces and replace with the tab (^t, I
think); you'll find it in the specials button.

Pop`

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day Sandra,

You could search for a Para Marker followed by 3 Spaces, and
Replace with a Para Marker followed by a Tab.

In Search/Replace use the two-character code '^p' for a Para, and
'^t' for Tab ... so ..

Search for '^p ' and replace with '^p^t' (no quotes).
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"SB Mull" wrote in message
I moved Word documents from an older version of Word to Word 2002. In the
older version the first line of each paragraph was indented by 3 hard spaces.
Is there an easy way to remove the leading spaces and use a tab instead.?
--
Sandra

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Select the text (CTRL+A) centre the text (CTRL+E) left align the text
(CTRL+L) This should lose the leading spaces.
Now apply an indented paragraph style and forget all about tabs.

SB Mull wrote:
I moved Word documents from an older version of Word to Word 2002.
In the older version the first line of each paragraph was indented by
3 hard spaces. Is there an easy way to remove the leading spaces and
use a tab instead.?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SB Mull SB Mull is offline

Thanks very much. This was easiest solution I received - don't know why it
is not in any of the MS Help documentation.
--
Sandra