Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
retiredk9racer retiredk9racer is offline

Default Maximized Word 2003 Window has dropped down on screen

When I open Word 2003 and maximize the window, the top of the window has
dropped down about an inch on the screen and the bottom of the window is now
below the screen. Because the window is maximized, I can't click and drag it
up into the correct position. When I restore the window to a smaller size, I
can move it around and resize without a problem. This is only happening with
word, not any of the other programs we use (outlook 2003, excel 2003, I/E) so
it does not appear to be a problem with the monitor settings. What can I do
to fix this? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

ISTR that this has something to do with Outlook. Are you using Word as your
Outlook editor? If so, try closing both Word and Outlook and then starting
Word again.

http://word.mvps.org

"retiredk9racer" wrote in message
When I open Word 2003 and maximize the window, the top of the window has
dropped down about an inch on the screen and the bottom of the window is
now
below the screen. Because the window is maximized, I can't click and drag
it
up into the correct position. When I restore the window to a smaller
size, I
can move it around and resize without a problem. This is only happening
with
word, not any of the other programs we use (outlook 2003, excel 2003, I/E)
so
it does not appear to be a problem with the monitor settings. What can I
do
to fix this? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm glad that worked. Someone else (Beth Melton IIRC) was the one who
originally figured out the cause of this problem, which I can never *quite*
remember, so I was really shooting in the dark.