Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan

Default Selecting close, closes all files at once

I have few Word files open. When I choose close in one file to close only
that file, all files prompt save window to close and I have to cancel them
manually. I checked the option to see for a possible tick for it but I didn't
find. However this problem is for all office programs and not only Word.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?S2hvc2hyYXZhbg==?=,

I have few Word files open. When I choose close in one file to close only
that file, all files prompt save window to close and I have to cancel them
manually. I checked the option to see for a possible tick for it but I didn't
find. However this problem is for all office programs and not only Word.

In this case, I would suspect a COM Addin has been installed on your system
that's designed to work with all Office applications (rather than one specific
application). And it's capturing the Close event and closing down the
application, rather than just the one file.

I've never heard of an impolite Add-in that does what you describe, but it is
possible. If you've installed any "office tools", try removing them and see if
the problem disappears. If you need more help with this, we need to know which
version of Office you're using.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan

Dear Cindy
Thanks for your reply. The computer I am using is shared by a colleague of
mine (actually my boss). I don't remeber installing any add-in and it is not
easy to ask my boss if he had done so. So is there any way to ckeck and see
any add-in has been installed in the computer?
My word version is: Word 2002 SP3. Any comments will be welcomed.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer

Hi ?B?S2hvc2hyYXZhbg==?=,