Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W.[_2_] B.W.[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2002 formatting

In Word 2002 is there a quick way to change all the date formats in a
document in one operation.

For instance I have a doc that has over time been changed and is still used
by several people and we now have a mixture of date formats that are
superscript and non superscript, some of which are a mixture of bold, italic
etc. The bold and italic are easily fixed each time but the dates are
sometimes a bit difficult to see and it is very slow to change each one.

TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

How were the dates inserted? If they were typed in, you should be able
to use a wildcard search to change them. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/UsingWildcards.htm.

If the dates are fields, you can press Alt+F9 to display the field
codes and then use Find and Replace to add the desired date format
switch.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"B.W." wrote in message
In Word 2002 is there a quick way to change all the date formats in

document in one operation.

For instance I have a doc that has over time been changed and is

still used
by several people and we now have a mixture of date formats that are
superscript and non superscript, some of which are a mixture of

bold, italic
etc. The bold and italic are easily fixed each time but the dates

are
sometimes a bit difficult to see and it is very slow to change each

one.

TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers