Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Iceraven78

Default why does my MS Word print ugly yellow labels, not black?

Here's the situation. I have Word set to print black. The letters are set
to black, in the labels section, it is all set to black. Yet, when I print,
and ugly yellow/red label gets printed. The only way to stop that, is to
change the printer to b&w only. Printing as a regular document, it prints
black. When I try to print the label (on an envelope) it comes out a
different color. How can I stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Iceraven78

the color cartridge was just changed, and I can't find a way to change that
setting of the printer.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I suspect that your printer defaults to using a composite black for labels
and you are low on one color of ink in your color cartridge.

"Iceraven78" wrote in message
Here's the situation. I have Word set to print black. The letters are

set
to black, in the labels section, it is all set to black. Yet, when I

print,
and ugly yellow/red label gets printed. The only way to stop that, is to
change the printer to b&w only. Printing as a regular document, it prints
black. When I try to print the label (on an envelope) it comes out a
different color. How can I stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You might try setting the printer for "black and white" or "monochrome"
printing through the printer Properties. Most color printers will have such
a setting.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I suspect that your printer defaults to using a composite black for

labels
and you are low on one color of ink in your color cartridge.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Iceraven78" wrote in message
Here's the situation. I have Word set to print black. The letters

are
set
to black, in the labels section, it is all set to black. Yet, when I

print,
and ugly yellow/red label gets printed. The only way to stop that, is

change the printer to b&w only. Printing as a regular document, it

prints
black. When I try to print the label (on an envelope) it comes out a
different color. How can I stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

This is a dumb question but... You did take off whatever tape or the like
the ink cartridge manufacturer puts on the ink heads, didn't you?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I suspect that your printer defaults to using a composite black for
labels
and you are low on one color of ink in your color cartridge.

so
all may benefit.

"Iceraven78" wrote in message
Here's the situation. I have Word set to print black. The letters are

set
to black, in the labels section, it is all set to black. Yet, when I

print,
and ugly yellow/red label gets printed. The only way to stop that, is
change the printer to b&w only. Printing as a regular document, it
prints
black. When I try to print the label (on an envelope) it comes out a
different color. How can I stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Iceraven78

We never had to do this before. We have multiple kinds of documents to
print, some color and some black and white. This is a very inconvinient way
to print documents. Especially since we have not run into this problem in
the months since we got this printer.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I suspect that your printer defaults to using a composite black for

labels
and you are low on one color of ink in your color cartridge.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Iceraven78" wrote in message
Here's the situation. I have Word set to print black. The letters

are
set
to black, in the labels section, it is all set to black. Yet, when I
print,
and ugly yellow/red label gets printed. The only way to stop that, is

change the printer to b&w only. Printing as a regular document, it

prints
black. When I try to print the label (on an envelope) it comes out a
different color. How can I stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Iceraven78

Yes. Everything else prints the way that it is supposed to. We have
multiple b&w, and color documents that we print.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I suspect that your printer defaults to using a composite black for
labels
and you are low on one color of ink in your color cartridge.

so
all may benefit.

"Iceraven78" wrote in message
Here's the situation. I have Word set to print black. The letters are
set
to black, in the labels section, it is all set to black. Yet, when I
print,
and ugly yellow/red label gets printed. The only way to stop that, is
change the printer to b&w only. Printing as a regular document, it
prints
black. When I try to print the label (on an envelope) it comes out a
different color. How can I stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

All I can suggest is that you find out what has changed (besides this
behavior). Updates to Office or Windows? A different printer driver? Other
software you have installed? A virus?