Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Wittmer Mike Wittmer is offline

Default Envelope Q?

I need to generate envelopes for several hundred addresses. Each envelope's
address is identical except for the suite number. Can word automatically
generate/increment the suite number for me.
For example, to generate 50 envelopes I start with:

Resident
123 Havenwood Dr. Suite 100
Houston, TX 77099

and I want to end with

Resident
123 Havenwood Dr. Suite 150
Houston, TX 77099

I'm using Word 2003. Can it accomplish this without my manually entering
all 50 addresses.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

You could adapt the following to meet your needs:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Print_Numbered_Copies.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Mike Wittmer wrote:
I need to generate envelopes for several hundred addresses. Each
envelope's address is identical except for the suite number. Can
word automatically generate/increment the suite number for me.
For example, to generate 50 envelopes I start with:

Resident
123 Havenwood Dr. Suite 100
Houston, TX 77099

and I want to end with

Resident
123 Havenwood Dr. Suite 150
Houston, TX 77099

I'm using Word 2003. Can it accomplish this without my manually
entering all 50 addresses.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

While Greg's method should work you could also consider mail merge -
http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm shows the method (though obviously
you are merging to an envelope document - there's a sample envelope template
you could use to create the merge document at
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm

Mike Wittmer wrote:
I need to generate envelopes for several hundred addresses. Each
envelope's address is identical except for the suite number. Can
word automatically generate/increment the suite number for me.
For example, to generate 50 envelopes I start with:

Resident
123 Havenwood Dr. Suite 100
Houston, TX 77099

and I want to end with

Resident
123 Havenwood Dr. Suite 150
Houston, TX 77099

I'm using Word 2003. Can it accomplish this without my manually
entering all 50 addresses.

Thanks,

Printing 6X9 Envelope to HP4000TN w/Envelope Feeder LeaseGuy Microsoft Word Help 0 September 11th 06 02:11 AM
Envelope size E5 (or custom envelope) won't print return address Neil Page Layout 0 June 19th 06 01:34 PM
what size envelope use for envelope 8in by 5 3/4 in? thanks sue Help needed for addressing envelopes New Users 2 March 27th 06 09:08 PM
envelope Heidi Mailmerge 1 December 4th 05 11:54 AM
envelope won't print (but envelope address will print as a label) jerryb2339 Microsoft Word Help 1 March 29th 05 07:36 AM