chaekri

Default Merge tables column wise

I am using Word 2003 on Windows XP SP2. I want to join or merge tables column
wise using Word VBA. To be more clear I can explain with an example. I have
three tables say table 1 with one column and two rows, table 2 with one
column and four rows, and table3 with one column and four rows. I want the
consolidated (after merging or joining) table to have two columns and two
rows like below.
---------------------------------|------------------------table2
start---------------------

|--------------------------------------------------------------
table1 1st row
|--------------------------------------------------------------

|--------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------|--------table2 end---------------table3
start-------

|--------------------------------------------------------------
table1 2nd row
|--------------------------------------------------------------

|--------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------|-------------------------table3
end---------------------
(first column will have two rows from table1, second column will have table
2 adjacent to the first row of the first column, and table 3 adjacent to the
second row of the first column)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y2hhZWtyaQ==?=,

I think your only option is to create a new table with the requisite numbers of
rows and columns, then read the values from the source tables into the new
table. And then delete the source tables.

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Column merge question Catalin Florean Tables 0 January 18th 05 11:05 AM
Merge fields in word tables populate by a VBA query Saeed Tables 3 January 12th 05 09:36 PM
Dragging table column resets Sedonakids Tables 0 January 12th 05 01:11 AM
merge column dk Page Layout 1 December 7th 04 01:50 AM
How do you merge two Access databases into one set of tables Charles, UVA Health System Microsoft Word Help 0 December 2nd 04 09:25 PM