Nancy in Oz

Default Hyperlink to Powerpoint file

Advice would be appreciated as to why when I make a hyperlink to an existing
Powerpoint file it (the hyperlink in the document) opens up the file not as a
"true" powerpoint file, that is, it can't be manipulated. The "view" menu
option (and others) are not available in the menu bar, etc. Yet when I open
the Powerpoint file independently, that is,not in Word as a hyerperlink, it
is perfectly fine.
thanks
Nancy

Nancy in Oz

Hi Bob
Thanks for your response. I'm using Office/Word/Powerpoint 2003. I'm
linking within a Word document to a Powerpoint, .ppt file, both on my hard
disk. However, both the Word document and the powerpoint file were initially
made using probably Word 98 and I'm not sure but equivalent/similar earlier
version of powerpoint. I have reverted back to my pc with these earlier
versions (Word 98, powerpoint? ) and the same thing happens - this automatic
display as a Web version of powerpoint.
Look forward to your advice.
Regards
nancy

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Nancy,

What version of Word and what version of Powerpoint?

Are you linking on a web page or within a Word document
to a powerpoint presentation on a hard drive?

Are you linking to a PPS file or a PPT file?

======
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP