Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Naomi

Default Form - fill in information on lined document

I want the text to enter over the lined documents. When I lock the form and
try to type in the information, the lines move
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm
and http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...nTheBlanks.htm .

Naomi wrote:

I want the text to enter over the lined documents. When I lock the form and
try to type in the information, the lines move

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Naomi

That works for single line responses but when I have a paragraph that needs
to be typed and I want it to fit in a "lined" area, how do I get it to wrap
to fit the lined document? I don't know if this makes sense cause I'm not
sure how to do this kind of thing but really do think there is a way.

Naomi wrote:

I want the text to enter over the lined documents. When I lock the form and
try to type in the information, the lines move

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

I think you'll have to give up on the idea of having lines behind
the paragraph responses.

Naomi wrote:

I want the text to enter over the lined documents. When I lock the form and
try to type in the information, the lines move

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Check out http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...Forms.htm.What
you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." For more about
online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"Naomi" Naomi @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I want the text to enter over the lined documents. When I lock the form
and
try to type in the information, the lines move

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

You can put in a fixed-size table cell. Behind that table, put a graphic of
lines. It is a lot of work getting the lines to match up with the line
height for a particular font, I don't think I would do it.