Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
unicorn unicorn is offline

Default WORD 2003 color fill button does not allow selection

Word 2003 color fill button does not allow selection of a color. The panel
pops up but is all white boxes and does not allow selection. it is like this
on formatting and drawing toolbars. It was working but suddenly it stopped.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Treesy Treesy is offline

I am also having this problem. It was working this morning and now I'm also
getting the grayed out boxes with no colors. I also don't have High Contrast
enabled. Everything else looks fine. If this helps, before I was getting
the grayed out boxes with no color, the little arrow that opens the button up
wasn't working. I would click it and nothing would happen. Same with all
the buttons that have those arrows. I removed the non-functional buttons and
put them back on and they seem to be working again except now when that fill
button opens, it shows no color options. I tried rebooting as well. Any
suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you!

"unicorn" wrote:

No, it is not selected.

"unicorn" wrote in message
Word 2003 color fill button does not allow selection of a color. The panel
pops up but is all white boxes and does not allow selection. it is like

this
on formatting and drawing toolbars. It was working but suddenly it

stopped.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Fill Color and Line Color on the Drawing toolbar apply only to drawing
objects. To apply color to text and tables, you must use borders and
shading. The Shading Color and Border Color buttons on the Tables and
Borders toolbar have the same icons but a different purpose.

"Treesy" wrote in message
news
I am also having this problem. It was working this morning and now I'm

also
getting the grayed out boxes with no colors. I also don't have High

Contrast
enabled. Everything else looks fine. If this helps, before I was getting
the grayed out boxes with no color, the little arrow that opens the button

up
wasn't working. I would click it and nothing would happen. Same with all
the buttons that have those arrows. I removed the non-functional buttons

and
put them back on and they seem to be working again except now when that

fill
button opens, it shows no color options. I tried rebooting as well. Any
suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you!

"unicorn" wrote:

No, it is not selected.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you perhaps have High Contract selected in the Accessibility

Options in
Windows Control Panel?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"unicorn" wrote in message
Word 2003 color fill button does not allow selection of a color. The

panel
pops up but is all white boxes and does not allow selection. it is

like
this
on formatting and drawing toolbars. It was working but suddenly it
stopped.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
unicorn unicorn is offline

I can understand what you are saying.

But now there are 2 of us that were keying text in a document and used the
button for highlighting the text with color and it suddenly stopped working.
There is an issue here!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Fill Color and Line Color on the Drawing toolbar apply only to drawing
objects. To apply color to text and tables, you must use borders and
shading. The Shading Color and Border Color buttons on the Tables and
Borders toolbar have the same icons but a different purpose.

"Treesy" wrote in message
news
I am also having this problem. It was working this morning and now I'm

also
getting the grayed out boxes with no colors. I also don't have High

Contrast
enabled. Everything else looks fine. If this helps, before I was getting
the grayed out boxes with no color, the little arrow that opens the button

up
wasn't working. I would click it and nothing would happen. Same with all
the buttons that have those arrows. I removed the non-functional buttons

and
put them back on and they seem to be working again except now when that

fill
button opens, it shows no color options. I tried rebooting as well. Any
suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you!

"unicorn" wrote:

No, it is not selected.