Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Michael

Default How to replicate results / create new field names

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to create new field names? Currently
I'm writing a test report document. This document contains around 50
tests and each test may be around half a page long. At the end of each
test I write the result which will be Pass, Fail, Unknown or something
like that. The plan is to have a table either at the begining or end of
my document containing all these results. I would like however for the
table entries to be field codes so that it would automatically contain
the result written at the end of each test. I would prefer not to have
the write the result in twice - once after the test and secondly in my
table of results.

I was looking around my WORD 2002 SP3 and all the field names seem to
be predefined. I went Insert - Field. Maybe there is another way so
that I only need to write my result in one place and this is updated in
my summary table. All help more than appreciated.

-Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

From the FAQ

19. How can I enter something once in a document and have it repeat
elsewhere?
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"Michael" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Michael

Many thanks. I'm impressed too will all the other tips. Shows me that
the more I know the more I realise I don't know.

-Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Shows me that
the more I know the more I realise I don't know.

That is always a good starting point for working with Word.

ups.com...