Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rifat Rifat is offline

Default How do I reset all the preferences on Word 2007?

After my kitten walked on my keyboard, Word 2007 started showing a strange
character on files I open and also there are dots between words on a text.

How do I reset this and go back the way it was, like when I first installed
Word 2007?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc Luc is offline

Rifat,
Naughty cat, probably just activated showing non printing characters. On
your standard toolbar look for the button with an ¶-sign on it, click on it
the strange characters should be gone.

--

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

"Rifat" schreef in bericht
After my kitten walked on my keyboard, Word 2007 started showing a strange
character on files I open and also there are dots between words on a text.

How do I reset this and go back the way it was, like when I first
installed
Word 2007?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Rifat,

On the 'Home' ribbon, click on the '¶' symbol. The dots are simply a display setting to show where the spaces are (& how many). The
'¶' toggles this display, which includes symbols for tabs, manual line breaks and paragraph ends (which look like the '¶').

--
Cheers
macropod

"Rifat" wrote in message ...
After my kitten walked on my keyboard, Word 2007 started showing a strange
character on files I open and also there are dots between words on a text.

How do I reset this and go back the way it was, like when I first installed
Word 2007?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

They always blame it on the cat. Never the dog or even themselves
"fat-fingering" the keyboard.

;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Luc" wrote in message
Rifat,
Naughty cat, probably just activated showing non printing characters. On
your standard toolbar look for the button with an ¶-sign on it, click on
it the strange characters should be gone.

--

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

"Rifat" schreef in bericht
After my kitten walked on my keyboard, Word 2007 started showing a
strange
character on files I open and also there are dots between words on a
text.

How do I reset this and go back the way it was, like when I first
installed
Word 2007?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

When I was still working for a major computer company, I often heard "my
brother/brother-in-law did it".

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]