Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Prevent line of asterisks from turning into a bullet line?

Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Proofing
category, click the AutoCorrect Options button. On the AutoFormat As You
Type tab, clear the "Border lines" option. You may also want to clear
"Automatic bulleted list" and "Automatic numbered lists" options. When you
are done, click OK twice.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rick" wrote in message
I often type a line of 20 or so asterisks to act as an informal
section divider in my text. As soon as I hit Enter, though, Word 2007
turns it into a line of bullets. How can I prevent that? Thanks.